What is Rules Based Printing?
Document printing is an essential part of the daily business routine in corporate environments. But unless supervised and kept in close check, printing can quickly turn into a source of unexpected costs. companies need to establish clear guidelines for printing that offer users a certain flexibility but that nevertheless restrict printing to what is really required. This is best done by enforcing general printing rules, which might focus on certain document types, specific user groups or on avoiding the more costly print settings like color or single-sided printing.
How Does Rule Based Printing Work?
By combining filter rules, administrators can improve printer use, minimize queue hogging, and avoid wasteful print jobs. For more advanced control, use print scripting. Use job filtering and/or advanced scripting control to implement print policies and improve device utilization.
Proud Member of the Xerox Family
Benefits of Rules Based Printing
- Route large jobs to dedicated high-volume printers.
- Delete duplicate jobs or those with incorrect paper sizes automatically.
- Build your own rules with advanced print scripting.
- Ask end users to confirm single sided output.
- Suggest alternate printers when a device is offline.